Thursday, December 1, 2011

First Kiss

Now if that dream didn't mean a thing, then neither did Lincoln's where he died and described to Mary Todd just a few days prior to when he was shot. Yes, I did my research just to show you that even then did I feel the burst from our lips. Our first kiss was in a dream, but I know that I was not alone. I know that if I picked up the phone you would jolt at the site of my name on the other line because in the wee hours of this first December day your being was intertwined somewhere in space with mine. Some bits, particles, essence of soul, floating and meshing intense enough for us both to know.
The life of a vagabond is calling. The dawn of each day presents a blank page for my feet to skate and play, no attachments and no remains. Every moment full of Grace. 
In my heart and bones and soul are a multitude of universes created from each being that has come to be in my life. A friend a foe a mother a brother my sister my puppy my neighbors my lovers. More than planets greater than galaxies, universes without dimensions, without senses that we've ever known. 
You are a universe in itself, in my heart, in my mind and in my veins. A universe of colors I'm only able to wonder of. Scents that pull my eyes up to the ceiling of my mind, blind in sight. A touch I've never felt, music from laughter that has never been heard, beauty from another world.
Now when I fly across the Pacific and land on an island of pure paradise and bliss, my love for you will be in the crashing waves. And when I see you at Donkey or walking down the street, my heart will burst and my soul rejoice; two beautiful universes colliding here, on planet earth.
I appreciate love and loss, life and death, fear and courage. Strength and weaknesses led me to my own understanding of the being within my imperfect skin. Knowledge and foolishness, challenges and flows. A never ending soul full of energy dancing with the wind through the streets of Athens and parks in Chardon, through the spheres of different existences. Letting go of the ego, I am infinite and ever expanding to the planes on which my heart and mind gain insight on life as I know it.
I took a picture in my sleep of the crystals hanging on the Walnut tree, the earth was glowing, in a dream state the light pulled me out from under the warmth of my many blankets to the cold naked space of my empty bedroom.
And in that dream; the imperfections and the fears, the subtleties and the fierce passion. A kiss more real than I could have ever imagined. Two cosmos locking lips, what I've always wished, and to think that in a dream it wouldn't be real.
Now don't be silly, I tell myself, for our souls are the most alive
in the moments of the pure unknown. 


1 comment: