Tuesday, November 15, 2011

girl you kill me you've got me all twisted up on the inside the fear is so near; i can't escape it, i can't get past your eyes hanging on every word the way i feel has become absurd you take up every space in my mind every corner every crevice every vast open area of thought and feeling all my days hours minutes spent preparing are lost in a haze with your presence i'm going crazy torturing myself in fantasies when it just aint in the cards that really hits hard my heartsahurtin really hurtin my minds telling me its not worth it it's time to shift gears that the weight is too great heavy heavy so heavy i can't do it i can't bear it the nerves your curves splitting my courage in half i lose my breath when you speak
this has gone too far i'm losing my mind i don't have time to lose yet here i am day after day throwing it all away only to crush and be crushed so it goes no one will know but i'm putting my foot down no more screwing around waiting for you to arrive just to catch a glimpse of that smile i can't do it anymore it's time to close the door pick my heart up off the floor face each day ignore the maze in my brain of thoughts that get me stuck on you i'll throw a blindfold over my eyes whatever it takes to resist the bait quit making up this life in my mind jump back on my bike and go for a ride let out a scream a cry wait for the ache to subside i think it's time to burrow down back in the assignments and presentations aiming for straight A's and beam with pride having my heart on my side and my mind in my mind, not your eyes
yes it's time i'll put my right foot forward and quicken my pace so the image of your pretty face has no way to stay in place in the space that was made, a cave for that maze no it's time to fill it in pack it tight focus on sight of a pure honest light ahead and leave this heartache behind for someone else to find with a note attached to handle with care to bury it in the earth to use the passion love desire for rebirth of a new being a beautiful Sycamore tree sturdy in the soil with arms long strong flowing freely bearing heart shaped leaves yes please do me this favor because i can't see it through i can't bear to bury my feelings for you but i'll leave them behind and walk in patience with the hope of this new growth

No comments:

Post a Comment