Sunday, December 25, 2011

christmas rip tide

mmm
mmm
mmmmm
how delicious it is
i'm drinking it in
the thought of your skin on my skin
i know what this is
the way your shoulder blade looks to me,
what it does to me
the speed of my heart
while i'm reading to you
and even more so
when we aren't saying a word

i feel joy
beyond
joy
happiness and a sense of content
never before felt
i used to be scared
unaware
that i could face each day
and here i am
laughing in the face of mystery
taking it by the hand
mine bare,
grasping a glove
unknown to my own understanding
excited to experience everything i don't know
there is so much more
and i'm in love with you
i love it, too
the way i cringe and groan
hope you will give me the time of day
let me make you moan

i'm dirty and flirty and worthy of love
of everything unsaid
everything yet to discover

i'm hovering above this sense
of a different dimension

elapsed time in space
with you, whether you know it or not
happy to be there
happy to be forgotten

it's christmas
i've been given the most wonderful gifts
i'm blessed i'm fortunate i'm comfortable i'm loved
i love i give i practice
to the best of the best

living in one extreme
growing into the next
finding my place in between
through balance
to love you
and to fight
to let go
and to quiet my mind
let be, be
close my eyes and see

living to let live
i have absolutely no worries
my anxieties don't rid me of the joy i deserve
they have melted away in a suffelleheyheyhey
i live to serve my being and the rest\
to express my understanding
of my own soul
yours
and the rest

i love you
i love me
i'm in love with you
i love you

my mind has been taken
by the tide of its time
paddling at an angle won't create the current's demise
of lovesick struggle
and life's triumph

so i'll grasp both
as i'm carried out to sea
and ride the damn wave
punch fear in the face
and kiss your delicious lips
right then and there

forget about how scared i was
take your hand in my hand
do what i can
let the sun shine, too
or struggle through grey clouds
and cold winds
that i won't be able to notice
through all of this

merry christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment