Monday, January 2, 2012

A closet full of blankets and pillows,
overflowing
so you have to dig your shoulder into the door
push your weight just to keep it closed
Sound is muted
no deep breaths
bruised ribs from thoughts
Like a pantry feels,
needing to be dusted
jars and onion skins
plastic grocery bags and a thick air
I thought I felt your eyes there
the ones that paralyze
But no
Empty spaces
full
and it sets in heavy
A bag of sugar on top of a sack of potatoes
A heavy scent of you
a shortness of breath
a brick on my chest
a hazy memory of my hands
on your face
Your fingertips on my shoulder
breaking every bit
There's something about the wind
the way it takes everything in
but lets it all go
Weightless
constantly wandering
yet not aimless
The greatest power in between
shaking leaves
tornadoes of dust and cigarette butts at your feet
Feel my love in the next breeze
that kisses your cheek
Feel the knots that twist up my insides
that make my skin burn

1 comment:

  1. this is fantastic! I feel like I can feel it. Thank you for sharing your gift.

    ReplyDelete