Monday, January 16, 2012

ghost in the dining room

It was Monday night, MLK Day, and I had to work at the restaurant.
It was busy, I was working in a HUGE, old, old, old house. The dining room was beautiful and spacious and there were many guests that I had to take care of. Then I turned around and saw that a group of ladies had just been sat in my section so I went to greet them and was overtaken with emotion to see that it was Emi, Caitlin, Kara, Theresa, Sammy, Kelsey, Courtney, Colleen and a few others that had come to visit me! They were all dressed up SO beautifully. I hugged everyone, then rushed around to figure out how to get everything done that I needed to.
I went to the kitchen to try and put orders in, I got very overwhelmed when realizing that I forgot a bunch of things... everything got hazy. And quiet. Everything was so quiet.
Then it was decided, somehow, by someone, that all of my friends that had come to visit me would have a sleepover in this restaurant after it closed for the night. We had this elegant, beautiful, old and massive house to ourselves.
Things became even quieter.
And dark.
The lights were off in the dining room and then in the foyer and then the kitchen and bedrooms and I walked so calmly to every light switch to try to turn the lights back on. Every time I would flip a light switch, a dim... greenish white or sometimes tinted red orb-like, hazy ectoplasm would appear in the corner of the room and swiftly disappear. No one was there. No guests, no friends, no co-workers.
I stood in the foyer and looked outside the front doors: they were huge, heavy wood doors with glass panes and the street outside was dark. The air looked thick with fog colored yellow from the street lamp.
I continued to walk through different rooms to find lights and was standing alone in almost complete darkness of the dining room with the fullness of presence surrounding me. I felt it so strongly, the heavy energy of dark beings flowing through the rooms. I heard a quiet whisper say "I'm here." I froze for a moment then forced each of my legs to carry my body over to the foyer and try the light-switches again. My feet felt like cinder blocks and it was hard to breathe, there was someone in the shadow that I couldn't see.
Flipping the light-switches frantically, the scene changed and a king-size bed appeared in the dining room. It was still dark, but I could see from street lamp light seeping in that there were 4 people lying in this bed. I looked closer to find that they were my friends, and in my frantic, terrified state I proceeded to wake them up and tell them what happened. Once I woke them up, however, I realized that I couldn't tell any of the girls that were there. They were frustrated with me for waking them and I began speed-walking through the house to find other bodies asleep in the darkness, searching for the one I could explain this experience to.
I never found her, but it feels good to tell the story nonetheless.


No comments:

Post a Comment